Tuesday, February 15, 2005

kate & eric in love!

here is the wedding invite that hugh & i collaborated on for kate & eric!
i think everyone received it by now and it's safe to post:)

front:
kate&eric front


inside spread:
kate&eric inside


this is the poem on the inside:

(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
and the sky of the sky of a tree called life;which grows
higher than soul can hope or mind can hide)
and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart

i carry your heart (i carry it in my heart)

~e.e. cummings

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

my maters, I love her mind, heart, and hand and the combination of the three that enable her to create such beauty. You know?
xo, bf (&f)

zelia said...

I love it! It's so beautiful it makes me get a little teary eyed.

What is the font you used on it? Or is it hand lettered? (the scripty stuff)

mati rose said...

thank you! i know, it was such a neat project to be thinking & creating a piece about love with my lover! it's my hand lettering. hugh thinks i should market my lettering to wine labels:)

Cin said...

that's such a beautiful invitation, wow !

zelia said...

yeah! you should fontify that or whatever the technical term is...you know, make a font out of it. i'd buy it and use it all the time!! and Hugh's right, it would look smashing on a wine label.