Monday, May 16, 2005

pre-blog gold diggin'

while taking pictures of my studio for naive knitting's project(check out studio confidante slide show!), i looked back on my inspiration journals that i started 3 years ago, when i got laid off from my law firm job (the best thing that could have ever happened to me... so cliche, but true!).

i see a trend of me liking cartoony and feminine images, as well as textile design. how to integrate all my likes into my art today? or am i already doing so? sometimes it all feels so disparate. but each of us is our very own filter. one of my classmates was talking about his influences and how you just have to copy them, and then finally your unique vision rises to the top. i have an image of sifting for gold... your own true nuggets of creativity gleaming among the rubble.
notebooks

1 comment:

Cin said...

well hey that's an interesting idea, I've never done a inspiration journal ! I have books on things I like but never gathered together the bits and pieces, thank you think I'll start doing this ! and yours definitely looks inspiring, like I said about your studio photos, so many visual treats !