Wednesday, October 19, 2005

pequeno paloma

lilbird
i like my doodles best. i draw different when i'm distracted and tap into some other part of my brain me thinks.
for open studios i've been working on all of these field paintings that feel like improv. i'm combining doodles and silkscreening and messy painting and collage and keep working with them and asking them... "what do you need?". do you ever feel like your paintings talk to you? OK... too much time in the studio and paint fumes.

hope you can come to open studios if you live close by!

xxoxox

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is that lil bird okay? It's awfully sweet, but I want that hand to put it right back in the nest with the momma bird, okay?

Thanks.

Anonymous said...

on a good day, my artwork and designs talk to me. on bad ones, their lips are sealed!

zelia said...

I can't wait to see what you've been making!