1. We have to post these rules before we give you the facts.
2. Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
3. People who are tagged write their own blog post about their eight things and include these rules.
4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged and that they should read your blog.
1) I have a sweet tooth. I think it is not the fault of my parents, but it did not help that they met at the food co-op where hand grinded peanut butter and slabs of tofu were la creme de la creme. I think it is furthermore not totally shocking that one Christmas when I was about five I ate and entire Candy cane shaped Bonne Bell Lip Smacker pack of Chapsticks (I'm guessing 6 total). OR when my sister and I were about 10 and collected cans for the Thanksgiving food drive and some unsuspecting lady donated a can of vanilla frosting. My sister and I deprived the homeless and grabbed 2 spoons and rationed out the sugar daily, eating it in her closet where we hid it, finding the spoons years later. No joke. OR then there's the fact that while for the last month I have been not eating carbs; I have made exceptions for a delicious vanilla lemon drop with Kelly (who tagged me for this), rich chocolate pudding at tartine with Giselle and oh, I forgot, 3 kinds of pie with Mark and Carol the other night! Banana cream, Strawberry Rhubarb and Peach! Totally worth it.
2) My Papa named a boat after me once called "MATI ROSE". I have the wooden name plate in my old room in Maine. My Papa was (rest his soul) an non-emotive man, but I believe he had a soft spot for me, and for boats. Minature remote control ones too.
I have a fondness for drawing boats and anchors because of him, Maine and an sad nostalgic quality I feel wrapped up in the imagery.
3) I have had the same best friend forever Bekah Fletcher (my BFFBF) since kindergarten when she shared crayons with me. Funny enough, my (step) sister befriended her at 2 when they shared baths together. We also share December birthdays! Go Sag's! We are a trio and always have been and I am so very excited to see them both next week when they come out for my shower! Here are photos from their joint shower last summer. Another note, is that Bekah finished taking the BAR yesterday! Go Bek! Hip hip horray!
4) 1/2 WAY THERE, any readers left?
Maybe like a lot of women in the Mission. I receive an overwhelming amount of “compliments” on my booty in my hood, and it’s giving me a complex. I am definitely more J Lo than Gwenyth Paltrow in that department (maybe because of my sweet tooth, but mostly my genes i think), but please! I need to think of some great silencing Knock down retorts. Suggestions?
5) I love a yardsale, free and inexpensive clothing! I feel guilty for shopping at Forever 21, Being 10 years older, but I am loving this polka dot sundress I'm wearing right now.
6) I have had about every kind of hair: winona pixie, alanis long, audrey tatou bob, marilyn platinum, orange, red, pink (no black or blue-- that's hugh's department), dark brown and currently boring shoulder with natural highlights.
7) Hugh was my Photoshop teacher before we got engaged, I mean way before, when I had another boyfriend, albeit towards the end. I had a "closed" crush that I proclaimed to my roomates on him even then (meaning no one else was allowed a crush on him). Which was funny because both my roomates were and are lesbians. I was that smitten over my teacher Mr. D'Andrade. Scandalous, no?
8) I think I'm a girly tomboy. Does anyone else feel that way? I like girly girly lacy, pink, chandeliers, dresses, tiny cute things, gold high heels, red nail polish, but I also like being tall, strong, big boned, kick boxing, hoodies, converse, worn in jeans, frye boots, hats with pirate symbols and toughness. I guess that's the tension and contradiction of life and people that gives the necessary yin and yang balance.
OK, I hate this part, it's like a weird supersticious (sp?) chain letter, but I tag my book group friends (who are all a bit new to the blogland, and hopefully these tags!): Linda, Kim, Monica (Which reminds me she is on tour on the East Coast now, if you happen to live there!), Margaret and a girl who loves a list- Andrea, one sweet girly Christine, and another S.G. named Christine and my lovely neighbor Shash.
And anyone else who wants to play!