Thursday, August 27, 2009

thursday style inspiration

as an artist, avid blog reader and color lover i'm always bookmarking and clipping inspiration to put on my wall or in my many binders (i'll have to show you these sometime).

today i culled together a trend of late of grey and yellow, plus a little feather love, that speaks to me like one of my feather power paintings~

il_430xN.86609809.jpg
18017_av3.jpg
18017_av1.jpg
both the headband and the shirt were originally discovered via one of my favorite style blogs modish. the room inspo was dragged onto my desktop and i neglected to note where (please let me know if you recognize so i can credit). what i love about the headband is that it's handmade and transferred watercolor... and the detailing on the shirt and cut and color combo of course... and the room i love because it reminds me of simple ways to potentially switch it up with the antlers, chalk board, paint and re-upholstering.

happy thursday,
mati 

5 comments:

Sarah said...

I love that colour combination! I have a yellow necklace and grey shirt that I love wearing together.

Andi said...

Loooove that color combo! So chic!!! That headband is gorgeous. I wish that I had the courage to wear something like that. And that couch is to-die-for. Thanks for the beauty bomb. :)

jenny said...

That room looks like it could be in your apartment! xo

Bohemianwhimsey said...

Hello there,
I was looking through your blog ( very cool ) and I came upon this post,
I think the picture with the yellow patterned sofa is from Madebygirl ( I think ).......... any ways, love your blog !!!

Glitter said...

Yep it's the sofa from Jen of Made by Girls office. It's from Urban Outfitters and I fancy it!