Thursday, August 06, 2009

a window

my heart has been heavy this last week with family sadness and feeling far away from them during this difficult time. tonight i feel like i got a window of lightness and i want to capture my view. spending time with our 3 year old niece lily and her cute ways "silly auntie mati + hugh" she called us many times. walking down the street hand in hand with her and hugh swinging her every few feet up into the air... whee! so cute. watching her eat chocolate ice cream and how it got on her nose and she smeared it all over her face.
niece lily at humphrey slocombe
taken with hugh's i-phone

then walking back home with hugh carrying her in his arms and her holding my hand while she was in an ice cream daze. children can be such an anti-depressant, i swear. then some uplifting and energizing friends who stopped by took a seat on the floor with us and told some stories. the whole night made my heart swell. yes, i remember that feeling. thank you.

and for some added comic relief we present the 4 stages of courtship:
the 4 stages of courtship

interpret as you will~my take is 1) hmmm 2) lust 3) wtf 4) bliss

also a really sweet website that i'm quite honored to be part of called the goodheARTed. take a peek!

xoxox

9 comments:

The Little Cloth Rabbit said...

Hello. I hope everything turns out ok and I'm glad you had such a wonderful day which made you smile.
Em x

PixieDust said...

Finding a way through the sadness is not always easy... I'm thankful you had family and friends to stand by you for this.

:-)

well-wishes,
me

PS-
Yay for the good-hearted! I have also been tremendously honored on this adorable site.

:-D

Keuter said...

it is always hard when there is sadness in the family and double if you can't be nearby. hope it all works out. smiled at the courting photos. kt

Lori said...

Those pictures of you two made me smile- too cute. Best wishes to you

michele said...

It hardly seems enough to say that I hope everything will be ok, but know it comes from the heart.

Children have this marvelous knack of reminding us to be of the moment.

I love the photos.

heather l murphy said...

hi mati! oh, I am thinking of you and sending you and your family good thoughts. i love that you have found comfort in laughter, friends and that cutie pie lily. what a joy!

and thanks for the shout out on the gh site, so flattered to have your presence there...

take really sweet care

Jill said...

Hi Mati~ Your being thought of out here in N.H.. I hope you continue to find peace and happy moments in friends and family.
Be good to yourself, my dear.
Love, Hugs and Smiles,
Jill
nalettejm@yahoo.com

Glitter said...

Your niece Lily is adorable! I have a nine year old and he always brightens my day. Children have a way of putting the silliest smile on your face and warming your heart :) They are definitely the anti-depressant!

thea said...

Oh Mati,
hope everything is ok, your photos are just adorable. Trey just woke up and as we were snuggling he saw the computer and goggled and asked who Lily was.

xoxoxox