Tuesday, September 27, 2005

rainbow colors

"You, whose day it is
get out your rainbow colors
and make it beautiful"

-from a card from my mom... a traditional Nootka song it says

Stripy rainbow socks worn at burning man for the Stripy sock competition! And for Self Portrait Tuesday!

Today I painted for the first time since moving my studio, about a month! What relief! Color, messy, freedom... no drapes!

We have Open Studios in about a month and I need to kick into gear. Yipes!

Meredith, Laurel & I made a mad dash to Scraps today 1/2 an hour before they closed. I got a couple old kid's books, canvases and stamps to fuel me.

Hugh is making fresh pesto with pumpkin seeds instead of pine nuts. it feels like fall today, crisp air.

I am trying to be more disciplined and a morning person... out of the door at 8am and into my studio with coffee in hand for 1 week and 2 days so far! Can she keep it up? It is so nice to be in before everyone else with my music blaring and slow waking up.


kath red said...

always wanted to go to burning man - great photo

Swirly said...

I went to Burning Man two years ago and wanted to go this year but couldn't. That is a great photo - it really captures the dust and colors of Burning Man. Wonderful!

la vie en rose said...

Love those socks!!!

Meredith said...

That's a great photo! I hope you win the stripey sock contest!

Anonymous said...

I wish I lived closer to you. I think we could be very inspirational to each other. :)


Anonymous said...

Hey Mati-

I don't think you sent that photo in yet, did you?

I've extended the deadline by a week if you still want to enter.

Great blog, BTW, I just 'discovered' you today and have been enjoying trawling your archives.

xx Helen


disa said...

I love it ! Very creative ! That's actually really cool Thanks.