Thursday, March 23, 2006

i was feeling pretty good about myself today...

until a looney lady took a bite out of a tomato and threw it at me! i was waltzing along... it was a beautiful sunny day {it's been a bit dismal}, i had just been a model for vidal sassoon {and was feeling a bit sassy with my new cut}, was wearing my favorite trench, and then i came upon this crazee who was accosting 2 young girls with inappropriate names, so i interceded and lo & behold got splatted by a tomato! too f-in funny.

life.

so how are you all? i feel like i've been gone a while.

san diego was filled with beaches, downtime, speed reading a mystery, a 12 hour train ride, eating lots of good food and getting to know our mums better. and introducing our mothers to each other {hugh's and mine, that is}. it's wonderful to be in a place of increased curiousity of our mothers lives on more of a peer level and learn more about their past.

i share with you this pretty peacock:
peacock

my mom's mirror that she made!, knowing the teal colors i love:
mosaic mirror

& a back shot of my new do, a bit 80's assymetrical/hassidic jew with the side tendrils?... not sure about it yet, but i love the challange of working something new on my head:
haircut

10 comments:

lisa solomon said...

hi sassy hair cut! i should have guessed it was sasson.... :)

welcome home!

Kim Carney said...

I like it, and I love the painting on your wall :)

mati rose said...

thank you. i just did some at home surgery and have made it more graduated... less backwards mullet:)

Sandra Monat said...

So I think you have to post a new picture of your more graduated hair cut ;-)
I like it very much!

Laini Taylor said...

Cute hair & cute peacock. Sorry about the tomato incident. Nothing like a good Crazy to make a day memorable!

Anonymous said...

What a lovely mirror! nice haircut as well

Anonymous said...

i love the mirror too. mosaicing is a great craft. muy tranquilo. i like the cut too. the other day we saw a guy in the supermarket with full on peyos but we don´t think he was orthodox as he had his head totally uncovered.

Anonymous said...

happy to have you back

-spring

pinkcoyote said...

i love that new hair! and the color is stunning. hhmmmm.. a tomato. that makes me think of bad comedy! a la an i love lucy stunt. i love the bird too, like la vie. is this your work? beautiful.

andrea said...

ha, what a crazy story! how many people can say they've been hit by a tomato? not that i would wish that for you or anything. and I love the hair. both versions-- the unlopped and the lopped off version!