Wednesday, April 12, 2006

feelings towards painting

sometimes i feel like i want to be alone for 6 months and paint every day with out disturbance, only music, and why is there never enough time to paint more?!
other days i feel like i never want to paint again and that i have nothing more to say (and never will) and don't even know why i ever wanted to in the first place.
today, i'm undecided.
why is this?
gonna try to roll with these feelings and accept them for the highs and lows of creativity.

4 comments:

pinkcoyote said...

i do feel this way too sometimes.well, i know i'll always have something to say, but really don't know what it is or how i'll express it.
its usually a fear of my artistry not matching up in the future to how i felt, say, while i was working a few days ago when painting was nirvana...i know my feelings are those things that are always changing and are sometimes unreliable confidantes-what i do know is that i'm a painter and i'm certain to paint again soon...

Anonymous said...

hi mati, i just recently discovered your site and have been reading back through your archives. what a juicy, juicy life you lead lady.

I absolutely feel this way as well, both with my creative life and with my in progress thesis.

Anonymous said...

it's hard work having a calling. sometimes you feel impelled by it and other time overwhelmed by it. i like your idea of rolling with it.

Swirly said...

Oh I hear you...I go through the same ups and downs, some days thinking to myself, "OK, that's IT! My creative well has run completely dry and it's all over."