Thursday, May 31, 2007

moving on up

moving on up
thank you for all your insight & support. i especially love that a few of you readers de-lurked, so nice to meet you!

my tea is boiling, excuse me...

ahh. sweet mint. so, where to now? now that i've made space i've got some good things happening and percolating:

*i have a group show tomorrow night, June 1st, with my talented friend hilary williams (she has an etsy site too!), among others at the arist exchange from 7-10 on guerrero & 16th. if you do live in the area and stop by, please do say hello!

*my friend katherine mitchell of the gleaming lark is also having a show down the street at 14th & guerrero that you should check out (she has an etsy site too)!

*hugh and i are also gearing up for a show together...at the end of june! it's all happening very fast and it's not totally firmed up, but details to come. (not to mention planning for our wedding-- we just finished our collaborative invite and we love it and will share it soon.)

*and tomorrow i'm meeting with my fabulous web designer to see what she may have in store for me for a re-design! yeah!

*and meeting with my beehive collective aka chrisina and debbie (with her new blog)! we're making headway on finding a space to teach art classes and in designing our website! i'm super psyched to figure this out!

i'm wishing you lovely weekends. i may post again tomorrow with a photobooth friday, but hugh made dinner, so i must go do the dishes right now. or else!

xo,
mati

12 comments:

meg said...

i love this new piece so much.
is it for a show?
it's lovely!

risa said...

i too love, love, love this new piece.

Listoria said...

Wow, things are just rockin' for you! Nice!

Oh, your polaroid is in Richmond, CA as of yesterday. I so hope you get it today or tomorrow! (I had tracking put on it and was going to give you the #, then I lost the little card with the # on it...but I found my recipe about 5 mins ago and it had the #).

Tiff*

Listoria said...

That was supposed to be receipt, not recipe - havin' a DUH! day.

Tiff*

mati rose said...

i was imagining tiff that you had written it on a recipe card while baking;) i cannot wait for the polas!
xox,
m

Kathy B said...

Hey Mati....this is Kathy Berry........have been mesmerized by your wonderful website.
Molly graduates from high school in a few days...can you believe it?
Is there anything I can do for the wedding? Just lemme know.......
Kathy xoxo

amystery said...

Oh mati I love this new piece as well, the pinks and the birds are just enchanting.

lisa s said...

mati... so sorry to have missed your show last night. just now catching up.

you sound great. good place to be [and of course pink is serious - are you kidding].

would love to talk *life* sometime....

Frida said...

this painting is so beautiful, it speaks very, very strongly to me of my own current moment of flying back up into joy. i hope that is how you feel to - free to soar.

thank you so much for sharing it.

cricket said...

Oh, that is so lovely. Makes me want to follow those birds.

Monica said...

Mati-

I've entered the delightful world of blogging and revisited your page - wow, your work is really incredible! Love the new stuff and can't wait to see it in person.

wish studio said...

i love, love your newest pieces! hope your show was wildy successful . xo, mindy