Friday, May 04, 2007

photobooth friday: my brother & will

anj, will & me

always a fan of projects a la hula 70 (psst-- sign up for her summer postcard swap!), here is my contribution to the day.

this was taken just... was it only 2... weeks ago? when my little brother andrew & our friend will were visiting. we were eating leftover pizza taken from home in an attempt to save $, at the requisite tourist spot: fisherman's wharf (post sea lion viewing) outside of hooter's. yes, i did say that. we didn't actually step inside, but used their shiny yellow picnic tables right next to this photobooth (in an effort of full disclosure the cheesy firecracker U.S.A logo on top, as well as a double chinned picture on bottom of me were both cropped). we were in hysterics afterwards because andrew and I couldn't tell which direction to move so that we would be in the photo, and also not block will (everything was reverse)... hence the surprised faces on either end! and yes, those are versace replica glasses scored on the wharf... they quite rival the navy blue larger than my face ones i got in NYC.

happy friday! i'm off to this sure to be amazing show by talented sisters.

ps- good luck this weekend on your SAT's Andrew & Will!... i'm so glad it's not me, brother.

xo,
mati

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love photobooths!

Great to meet you last night at Diana's, Mati. I adore your work. Good luck with Open Studios!

Anonymous said...

what cuties!!!

Anonymous said...

hi mati,

so nice to meet you the other night at lisa's Doe opening. I hope to make it to open studios this next weekend. I was remembering I never finished my thought on rural vs. urban living when the "apocalypse" hits the fan. I think this article by Toby Hemenway sums it up nicely...

http://www.energybulletin.net/3757.html
claire aka mims

andrea said...

love this! but most especially that second frame. extra superduper cute, for sure.

p.s. thanks for the postcard swap shoutout! much appreciated, my friend. can't tell you how excited I am that you've signed up. xo