Wednesday, January 11, 2006

peep! happy blog birthday to me!

yes, exactly one year ago i started this here little blog with a little ditty about the bear corduroy! tania,stef and sabrina were the first to "comment" before i even knew how that worked! thank you. i had no idea how much it would mean to me. i have felt supported, empowered and kept accountable and inspired by this communication device known as le blog.

truth be told, i'm feeling a bit crizappy today. i worked at the restaurant until midnight last night and biked my sore bones home and it honestly felt a bit toxic in dynamics, and i know i need to find a new more fulfilling less drama job. i wish i could just be an illustrator and artist full-time and that is the bigger picture goal that i just need to keep taking the steps towards. it is rainy. i am pineing for some female companionship in a warm cafe over tea. i have a to-do list to face, mostly self-imposed... gosh, i really do put an insurmountable pressure on myself. sometimes so much so, that nothing can really be enough. i need to adopt some new mantras for myself.

1) be nice to yourself; treat yourself like you would treat a friend
2) just do it-- co-opt nike...sometimes i'm so bok bok chicken about applying for things i really want
3) harness jealousy of others successes into my own role models and a place for curiousity at how they got there... this idea came to me when reading stef's poetic post... why am i jealous, it means that i want *this* and *that* and that translates into a dream.
4) follow through
5) small bites and timelines and reward self appropriately for hard work done!

i think i should re-visit some of the wonderful creative resource books i scoured over when i first started this path. you all know the ones, but i think i will add to my website a creative resource list.

off to the studio my little chickadees. thank you for sharing in my path. xoxo


Kim Carney said...

Happy blog birthday! I am so glad I have had the opportunity to know you and your art!

Cin said...

Happy blog birthday Mati, you are so generous and open with all that you share, it is a joy to visit here and follow along on your journey, many thanks

Stef said...

Happy Blog Birthday - it feels good doesn't it?!! I love your list of niceties!:) you are truly and inspiration! wish i could of been there for tea...

gkgirl said...

happy birthday to the blog and its
talented creator...
glad that i found you

kelly said...

nicely put mz chickadee....i really can relate to your list
and i needed those words today.
so thanks!...a whole lot.

anj said...

Happy blog birthday, Mati! I like that list, especially the part about acknowledging small, every-day successes/accomplishments. We all need that encouragement, but really it start from within. Take care, bud, and flourish.

jenny vorwaller said...

whew, mati. i needed this post more than ever this morning! last night, both my boy went to bed incredibly early and i my mind went blank...i felt crazappy crazappy and female companionship in cafe would have been perfect!

so thanks for this one!!

Tamar said...

Happy blog birthday - it is a pleasure to share the path with you! I am looking forward to reading about your creative resources.

la vie en rose said...

happy blogging birthday. i'm so glad you're out there, sharing your journey, sharing your art, sharing your dreams and struggles, sharing the beauty and love of your life. you are a true inspiration!

tania said...

oh happy blogiversary!!!!!
i wish i could come have tea with you!
and i am SO the same on all 5 points- ugh its hard!

hang in there-

ArtsyMama said...

Happy Blog Birthday! I would love to see your creative resource list!!

Swirly said...

I know it is late, but Happy Birthday!!